- Event spotlight: Arizona Tiki Oasis brings Polynesian Pop party to the desert
- The Hukilau 2019 update: Last party at Pier Sixty-Six? Rooms, events selling fast as new cocktail classes added
- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
- Surprise winner, new spirit of aloha at fifth annual Art of Tiki cocktail competition at South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 100 Days to The Hukilau: Weekend events at The Mai-Kai to feature The Surfrajettes, preview party
- Photos: VIPs, connoisseurs of fine spirits flock to first Miami Rum Congress
- Inuhele celebrates Atlanta’s meteoric rise as Tiki destination
- Miami Rum Congress is in session: First annual event presents top industry experts
- Hukilau 2019: Tickets on sale, book your room now for June 5-9 bash in Fort Lauderdale
- Photos: Demerara rum flows at The Mai-Kai’s magical retro event featuring The Atomic Grog
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: 2013
Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them (Cocktail Kingdom), hardcover, 317 pages, $34.95. * Order now: Cocktail Kingdom (U.S.) | Amazon | More info on BeachbumBerry.com Jump to recipes below: Rum Pot | … Continue reading
The Hukilau, the annual Polynesian Pop festival that invades Fort Lauderdale every June, is known for its authentic and eye-catching event merchandise, particularly the mugs and glassware. But when the event is over, that doesn’t mean you can’t pick up … Continue reading
We got a sneak peek at The Hukilau in April 2012, then an exclusive premiere at The Mai-Kai during the 2013 edition of the Tiki event in Fort Lauderdale. Now, the rest of the world will be exposed to Plastic … Continue reading
The Hukilau was held June 6-9, 2013, at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel (aka the Yankee Clipper) and The Mai-Kai restaurant. See below: Gallery of 40 photos More than 800 devotees of Polynesian Pop culture and classic mid-century style … Continue reading
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is extremely passionate about Tiki, tropical drinks and The Mai-Kai. In April, we caught up with the author of such essential Tiki cocktail bibles as Grog Log and Sippin’ Safari in his natural habitat (The Mai-Kai gardens) … Continue reading
Updated June 7 Of course, there’s a lot more to The Hukilau – the annual celebration of mid-century Polynesian Pop culture that invades Fort Lauderdale this week – than drinking rum. But for many, it’s one of the highlights. And … Continue reading
The Hukilau has become a Fort Lauderdale institution, an annual bacchanalia of Tiki culture that draws devotees from around the globe for four days of revelry. The throngs of “villagers” are easy to spot on the south end of tourist-laden … Continue reading
The Hukilau gears up for vintage Tiki weekend with exclusive merchandise, new sponsors and added entertainment
With just over a week before The Hukilau invades South Florida for its 12th annual vintage Polynesian Pop extravaganza, attendees can look forward to a great assortment of recently announced goodies from sponsors and the event organizers. The Hukilau: June … Continue reading
When the organizers of The Hukilau, the largest annual gathering of Tiki enthusiasts on the East Coast, asked attendees to come up with a signature cocktail for one of their new rum sponsors, the response was instantaneous and ambitious. The … Continue reading
Organizers of The Hukilau have shifted plans for the 12th annual Polynesian Pop weekender into overdrive over the past several weeks, announcing a new cocktail contest, art show, additional entertainment plus the sellout of the host hotel on Fort Lauderdale … Continue reading