TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
- The Hukilau 2018 recap: Photos and video from social media
- Photos: The Mai-Kai updates bar menu, adds classic ‘lost’ cocktail
- UPDATE: New monorail fleet in the works? Disney World denies rumors
- The Hukilau 2018 symposiums to include Disney Imagineer, Tiki on TV
- The Hukilau 2018 tickets on sale now: More bands, more bars, more Tiki!
- The Tiki Times – December 2017 Events Calendar: Spirited holiday happenings in California and beyond
- Photos: Monstrous mayhem at the ninth annual Hulaween party at The Mai-Kai
- Spirited mash-up: Rum Renaissance Festival moves next door to The Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale, creating ultimate rum and Tiki weekend in June 2018
- The Tiki Times – November 2017 Events Calendar: Rum fests, bar tours and art shows across the globe
- Hulaween 2017: Monster Tiki Party invades The Mai-Kai in Fort Lauderdale on Oct. 27
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum Renaissance Festival
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: 2013
Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them (Cocktail Kingdom), hardcover, 317 pages, $34.95. * Order now: Cocktail Kingdom (U.S.) | Amazon | More info on BeachbumBerry.com Jump to recipes below: Rum Pot | … Continue reading
The Hukilau, the annual Polynesian Pop festival that invades Fort Lauderdale every June, is known for its authentic and eye-catching event merchandise, particularly the mugs and glassware. But when the event is over, that doesn’t mean you can’t pick up … Continue reading
We got a sneak peek at The Hukilau in April 2012, then an exclusive premiere at The Mai-Kai during the 2013 edition of the Tiki event in Fort Lauderdale. Now, the rest of the world will be exposed to Plastic … Continue reading
The Hukilau was held June 6-9, 2013, at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel (aka the Yankee Clipper) and The Mai-Kai restaurant. See below: Gallery of 40 photos More than 800 devotees of Polynesian Pop culture and classic mid-century style … Continue reading
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is extremely passionate about Tiki, tropical drinks and The Mai-Kai. In April, we caught up with the author of such essential Tiki cocktail bibles as Grog Log and Sippin’ Safari in his natural habitat (The Mai-Kai gardens) … Continue reading
Updated June 7 Of course, there’s a lot more to The Hukilau – the annual celebration of mid-century Polynesian Pop culture that invades Fort Lauderdale this week – than drinking rum. But for many, it’s one of the highlights. And … Continue reading
The Hukilau has become a Fort Lauderdale institution, an annual bacchanalia of Tiki culture that draws devotees from around the globe for four days of revelry. The throngs of “villagers” are easy to spot on the south end of tourist-laden … Continue reading
The Hukilau gears up for vintage Tiki weekend with exclusive merchandise, new sponsors and added entertainment
With just over a week before The Hukilau invades South Florida for its 12th annual vintage Polynesian Pop extravaganza, attendees can look forward to a great assortment of recently announced goodies from sponsors and the event organizers. The Hukilau: June … Continue reading
When the organizers of The Hukilau, the largest annual gathering of Tiki enthusiasts on the East Coast, asked attendees to come up with a signature cocktail for one of their new rum sponsors, the response was instantaneous and ambitious. The … Continue reading
Organizers of The Hukilau have shifted plans for the 12th annual Polynesian Pop weekender into overdrive over the past several weeks, announcing a new cocktail contest, art show, additional entertainment plus the sellout of the host hotel on Fort Lauderdale … Continue reading