The Atomic Grog
Check the AtomicGrog.com homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the histoic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Mai-Kai’s eighth annual Hulaween party is cursed by cannibals
- Recipes: Exotic cocktails at Altered State Tattoo’s 20th anniversary party
- Kapow! replacing Longboards in downtown West Palm Beach
- Week/Month in Tiki (May 1-31, 2016): Recap Tiki Caliente; preview Tiki Kon, Tales of the Cocktail and Tiki Oasis; plus Tiki bar news and more!
- On sale now: The Hukilau 2016 merchandise by Shag, inspired by The Mai-Kai
- The Hukilau 2016, Day 1 photo recap: Pre-Party at The Mai-Kai, The Wreck Bar mermaid show
- ‘King Kai’ leads procession of new Tikis into The Mai-Kai
- Tiki Kiliki: 15 years of The Hukilau, 15 years of memories
- Video: A look back at The Hukilau’s first 14 years
- Week in Tiki (April 16-30, 2016): New Beachbum Berry glassware, ‘Sippin’ Safari’ 10-year anniversary edition; plus event and Tiki bar news, more!
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: Events
Updated May 9 A full recap of the eighth annual Miami Rum Renaissance Festival is coming soon. In the meantime, here are the winners of the annual RumXP Awards announced on Friday, April 15. Also check out our photo gallery … Continue reading
If the idea of a cross-country road trip to five Tiki bars in five different states seems daunting, The Hukilau will make it easy for you during the 15th annual gathering of Polynesian Pop enthusiasts June 8-12 in Fort Lauderdale. … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Jan. 1-15, 2016): New Tikis to rise at The Mai-Kai, Lost Lake honored, Smuggler’s Cove book release, Tiki in South Beach, plus more!
The new year is off to a roaring start with comprehensive coverage of the carving and planned installation of two giant Tikis at The Mai-Kai during The Hukilau. Chicago’s Lost Lake was named Cocktail Bar of the Year, while Martin … Continue reading
The Year in Tiki 2015: Legends lost, but revival becomes renaissance with new bars, music, art and more
It was a year of both sadness and elation, when some legends were lost but the world of Tiki made great strides. As we mourned the deaths in 2015 of musicians Robert Drasnin and Ernie Menehune, plus artist The Pizz, … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Dec. 14-31, 2015): Preview new Tiki bars coming in 2016, festive New Year’s events, a new Kon-Tiki voyage, plus more!
After an exciting year that saw many new Tiki bars open across North America, lots more are in store for 2016. Preview what’s coming, plus get a quick New Year’s event guide. We have news on a new Kon-Tiki sailing … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Nov. 2-15, 2015): The Hukilau and Miami Rum Fest tickets, Makahiki arrives, Wayne Coombs tribute, Tiki bars, galleries and more!
Florida tops the latest news with updates on passes and tickets for The Hukilau and Miami Rum Fest, a preview of Makahiki in Orlando, and a special tribute to the late artist Wayne Coombs. In Atlanta, artist Derek Yaniger will … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2015): The Hukilau and Wreck Bar news, Halloween recaps, NYC cocktail champ, vintage hotel demolished, and more
The Hukilau tops this week’s news with updated info on event passes, Tiki Tower Takeover bartenders, and Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid’s swim shows. October was jam-packed with Halloween events, plus a Tiki cocktail showdown in New York City. There’s … Continue reading