- The Hukilau 2019 updates: Hotel room parties are back, The Surfrajettes return to The Mai Kai, plus more
- Event spotlight: SoCal’s Original Tiki Market Place celebrates seventh anniversary
- Iron TikiTender goes on tour: Deadline looms for Atlanta regional competition
- Epcot’s Native American art exhibit includes Hawaiian and Polynesian artifacts
- They’re back: Flaming Tiki swizzle sticks from Grider Adventure Art
- Cocktail recipe: Secret Santa Flip is festive fun any time of year
- A cure for your holiday hangover: All the Miracle pop-up cocktails, reviewed and ranked
- Event preview: The Hukilau 2018 in Fort Lauderdale, June 5-9
- The Tiki Times: Full 2019 events calendar now available!
- The Year in Tiki 2018: Recap all the top events with photos and video
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum Renaissance Festival
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: History
A new cocktail menu made its debut on May 17 in The Molokai bar at The Mai-Kai, marking first update to the classic tropical drink lineup since 2014. Related: The Okole Maluna Society: The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide | See all … Continue reading
A new icon will great guests at today’s 60th anniversary celebration at the historic Mai-Kai in Fort Lauderdale. Looming 12 feet tall in the outdoor Tiki garden is Hiroa Nui, a new carving by a local artist who has spearheaded … Continue reading
Approaching its 60th anniversary, Fort Lauderdale’s hallowed Mai-Kai got into the Halloween spirit with its eighth annual Hulaween party on Friday, Oct. 28. More than 100 costumed revelers packed The Molokai lounge for an evening of deadly tropical drinks and … Continue reading
November 2016 update Lots of leftover merchandise – including mugs, glasses, pendants, and swizzle sticks – will go on sale in January when the The Hukilau’s new website launches. Co-creator, co-founder, producer and organizer Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White posted photos … Continue reading