The Atomic Grog
Check the AtomicGrog.com homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
The official blog of The Hukilau
The Hukilau 2016 photo recaps
The Atomic Grog's exclusive coverage, featuring photos from more than a dozen photographers, first-person stories, bonus cocktail recipes, plus more!
- The Hukilau 2016, Day 1 photo recap: Pre-Party at The Mai-Kai, The Wreck Bar mermaid show
- ‘King Kai’ leads procession of new Tikis into The Mai-Kai
- Tiki Kiliki: 15 years of The Hukilau, 15 years of memories
- Video: A look back at The Hukilau’s first 14 years
- Week in Tiki (April 16-30, 2016): New Beachbum Berry glassware, ‘Sippin’ Safari’ 10-year anniversary edition; plus event and Tiki bar news, more!
- The Hukilau updates: High Tide party announced, rum sponsor rundown, merchandise preview with photos!
- Week in Tiki (April 1-15, 2016): The Hukilau, Tiki Caliente and more upcoming events; Miami fest’s award-winning rums; Tiki bar openings and closings, and more!
- Week in Tiki (March 16-31, 2016): Lost Lake fire and more Tiki bar news, event previews, Lemon Hart rum returning?
- UPDATE: ‘Boozy’ blog celebrates fifth anniversary with A Fifth of Grog at The Mai-Kai
- Miami Rum Festival boldly explores the next frontier of cane spirits
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: Photo galleries
Ghoulish, whimsical and Tiki-inspired costumes filled The Molokai bar on Halloween night during The Mai-Kai’s annual bash that celebrates all things creepy and kooky, aka Hulaween. See below: Browse photos from the event Popular South Florida rockabilly band Slip and … Continue reading
UPDATES: Disney rushes to finish Polynesian renovations, Trader Sam’s (March 2015) Fans of the much-anticipated Tiki bar coming soon to the Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World were treated to a sneak preview during the inaugural Mahaloween Luau at … Continue reading
After coming precariously close to saying aloha and goodbye to The Hukilau, the long-running Tiki event she has organized since 2002, Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White is sure glad things turned out differently. “For me, it was the best event in … Continue reading
The Hukilau offers a deep dive into the history of porthole cocktail lounges and their mysterious mermaids
“Cocktails & Fishtails – The Untold Story of the Porthole Cocktail Lounge,” a symposium at The Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, June 14. Held at the Bahia Mar Beach Resort, the presentation was hosted by Vintage Roadside and Medusirena, … Continue reading
It’s a rum enthusiast’s dream: Seven days of nothing but tasting hundreds of rums and cocktails in sunny Miami, learning about the colorful history and culture that envelop every aspect of the industry. But the sixth annual Miami Rum Festival … Continue reading
The summer tour featuring surf guitarist Laramie Dean and drummer Jimmy Dale made three stops in South Florida last weekend. The Southern California-based band made the cross-country trek to Dean’s former stomping grounds for two full shows plus a special … Continue reading
The Hukilau was held June 6-9, 2013, at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel (aka the Yankee Clipper) and The Mai-Kai restaurant. See below: Gallery of 40 photos More than 800 devotees of Polynesian Pop culture and classic mid-century style … Continue reading
Dick Dale: performed April 25 at Grand Central in Miami with Gold Dust Lounge and Skinny Jimmy & the Stingrays. See below: Photos from the show Rock ‘n’ roll icon Dick Dale is in the midst of a career resurgence … Continue reading
Miami mixologist shows how to jazz up your tired old cocktails with exotic liqueurs at Epcot Food and Wine Festival
A worthy New Year’s resolution for any mixoligst would be to break away from the norm and explore alternative ingredients to make your cocktails stand out from the crowd. Today’s explosion in creative craft cocktails makes it difficult to decide … Continue reading
Last year, The Atomic Grog spent one whirlwind day at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, sampling food and drinks from 16 different marketplace kiosks. For 2012, Mrs. Hurricane and I vowed to take a more leisurely approach, so … Continue reading