- Photos: 10 highlights from The Hukilau 2019 in Fort Lauderdale
- The Tiki Times: Preview the full 2020 events calendar
- The Year in Tiki 2019: Recap all the top events with photos and video
- Sippin’ Santa comes to town: Exclusive Beachbum Berry interview, plus festive cocktail recipes
- UPDATE: The Hukilau returns to historic hotel for 19th annual Tiki weekender June 3-7, 2020
- Retro Rekindled: Skinny Jimmy Stingray to talk classic surf, perform at The Mai-Kai on Dec. 15
- Another holiday Miracle: Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa locations double, expand to Florida
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The all-time top 5 Dick Dale songs
- Gone but not forgotten: Surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale, 1937-2019
- The living dead came to party at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019 luau
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: Events calendar
For a taste of what you can expect during this year’s whirlwind Tiki weekender in June, take a look back at last year’s festivities with dozens of photos and 10 memorable moments. Continue reading
Once again, The Atomic Grog documented an entire 12 months of events in 2019, following the top Tiki and rum events, plus mid-century modern, surf and rockabilly music, Disney and other happenings of interest to the Tiki community. Check below … Continue reading
South Florida guitarist Skinny Jimmy Stingray will be joined by The Atomic Grog’s Hurricane Hayward for a lively discussion about his winding road from punk to instrumental surf at a special Retro Rekindled monthly community gathering at The Mai-Kai in … Continue reading
After 10 years, we know what to expect from The Mai-Kai’s infamous Hulaween party: A night of kooky costumes, rockin’ tunes and many cocktails consumed in the legendary Polynesian restaurant’s Molokai bar. The 2019 bash, held Oct. 25, lived up to those standards. Continue reading
The Mai-Kai’s annual Hulaween, one of the annual highlights of South Florida’s Halloween party season, will feature a festive feast for the living and dead on Friday, Oct. 25. The 11th annual bash is titled “Luau of the Living Dead,” a theme befitting the historic Polynesian restaurant that will celebrate its 63rd anniversary at year’s end. Continue reading
Updated Jan. 23, 2020 Like the daily thunderstorms that didn’t seem to dampen anybody’s spirits, The Hukilau careened through Fort Lauderdale last week for its 18th annual Tiki weekender with an exhaustive schedule of events at the Pier Sixty-Six Hotel, … Continue reading
After taking a detour to Fort Lauderdale in 2018, the Rum Renaissance Festival is back in Miami-Dade County for its 11th annual “celebration of cane spirits in the new world” at the Coral Gables Woman’s Club. Continue reading
Arizona Tiki Oasis brings all the hallmarks of the original event to a mid-century desert setting, from a vintage hotel to some of the biggest names in the Tiki revival. Continue reading