- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
- Surprise winner, new spirit of aloha at fifth annual Art of Tiki cocktail competition at South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 100 Days to The Hukilau: Weekend events at The Mai-Kai to feature The Surfrajettes, preview party
- Photos: VIPs, connoisseurs of fine spirits flock to first Miami Rum Congress
- Inuhele celebrates Atlanta’s meteoric rise as Tiki destination
- Miami Rum Congress is in session: First annual event presents top industry experts
- Hukilau 2019: Tickets on sale, book your room now for June 5-9 bash in Fort Lauderdale
- Photos: Demerara rum flows at The Mai-Kai’s magical retro event featuring The Atomic Grog
- Event preview: 2019 Tiki Bingo season kicks off at The Mai-Kai
- Magical Tiki Meet-Up special event: ‘Demerara Rum – The Mai-Kai’s Secret Weapon’
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Chicago Area Tiki Tour
Announcing The Atomic Grog’s updated calendar for all the major events across the world of Tiki culture. This list includes rum events, plus modernism, surf music, Disney and other happenings of interest to the Tiki community. Continue reading
The Tiki Times – April 2017 Events Calendar: Surf and rockabilly, Miami Rum Festival, Chicago Area Tiki Tour
From the ashes of the Week in Tiki (and, later, the Month in Tiki) rises The Tiki Times. Still ambitious, but more practical, this monthly guide to what’s going on across the world of Tiki culture will hopefully be a … Continue reading
The Year in Tiki 2015: Legends lost, but revival becomes renaissance with new bars, music, art and more
It was a year of both sadness and elation, when some legends were lost but the world of Tiki made great strides. As we mourned the deaths in 2015 of musicians Robert Drasnin and Ernie Menehune, plus artist The Pizz, … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Sept. 7-20, 2015): Ohana: Luau by the Sea and Mod Palm Springs, plus more event previews
The summer may be ending soon, but there’s no shortage of Tiki events, including Ohana: Luau by the Sea in Fort Lauderdale and Mod Palm Springs in California coming in early October. Check out previews of both, plus this month’s … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (April 20-26, 2015): Rum fest invades Miami, South Florida’s underwater Easter Island, Shag goes to ‘The Twilight Zone’
As expected, the Miami Rum Festival dominated the news this week, but an unlikely story about giant Easter Island-style moai being sunk off the coast of South Florida certainly piqued our interest. Also worth noting is the return of the … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (March 16, 2015): Miller to remain in Big Apple; Tiki weekenders sell out in Chicago, N.J.
This week’s top story is the sellout of two upcoming events: the Chicago Area Tiki Tour, and the Vintage Tiki Weekend in Wildwood, N.J. Also, tickets for Tiki Kon in the Pacific Northwest are selling fast. We have news on … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Feb. 24, 2015): NYC’s Miller takes Emeril’s Tiki showdown, Bacardi seeks new classic cocktails
Tiki, rum and cocktails are making news this week. We have the results of “The Art of Tiki: A Cocktail Showdown” hosted by Emeril Lagasse at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival, plus coverage of The Mai-Kai’s “secret cocktails” … Continue reading