- Event spotlight: Arizona Tiki Oasis brings Polynesian Pop party to the desert
- The Hukilau 2019 update: Last party at Pier Sixty-Six? Rooms, events selling fast as new cocktail classes added
- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
- Surprise winner, new spirit of aloha at fifth annual Art of Tiki cocktail competition at South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 100 Days to The Hukilau: Weekend events at The Mai-Kai to feature The Surfrajettes, preview party
- Photos: VIPs, connoisseurs of fine spirits flock to first Miami Rum Congress
- Inuhele celebrates Atlanta’s meteoric rise as Tiki destination
- Miami Rum Congress is in session: First annual event presents top industry experts
- Hukilau 2019: Tickets on sale, book your room now for June 5-9 bash in Fort Lauderdale
- Photos: Demerara rum flows at The Mai-Kai’s magical retro event featuring The Atomic Grog
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: falernum
From the ashes of the Week in Tiki (and, later, the Month in Tiki) rises The Tiki Times. Still ambitious, but more practical, this monthly guide to what’s going on across the world of Tiki culture will hopefully be a … Continue reading
UPDATES: Disney rushes to finish Polynesian renovations, Trader Sam’s (March 2015) Fans of the much-anticipated Tiki bar coming soon to the Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World were treated to a sneak preview during the inaugural Mahaloween Luau at … Continue reading
This is the final review of the drinks that appeared on original 1956-57 era menus but were later retired. See below: Ancestor recipe | Review Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide | More “lost cocktails” Of all the cocktails that disappeared from … Continue reading
It’s a rum enthusiast’s dream: Seven days of nothing but tasting hundreds of rums and cocktails in sunny Miami, learning about the colorful history and culture that envelop every aspect of the industry. But the sixth annual Miami Rum Festival … Continue reading
2014 Miami Rum Festival recaps: Upstart spirits share spotlight with major players | Cocktails reach new heights Make no mistake: The Miami Rum Renaissance Festival is the perfect place for newbies to get their feet wet and sample a wide … Continue reading
If I have one complaint about the proliferation of craft cocktail bars, it’s that many of the mixologists tend to shun perhaps the most versatile and tasty base spirit of them all. Of course, I’m talking about rum. Related: Innovative … Continue reading
Updated January 2017 See below: Impatient Virgin review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipes Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide | More “lost cocktails” | Tropical drink family tree When the original review of this “lost cocktail” was posted, it was just … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 See below: Our Hukilau review | Tribute recipes UPDATED Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide | Latest news on the annual Hukilau event Like an ugly stepchild, The Hukilau cocktail at The Mai-Kai is often shunned in favor of … Continue reading
Updated November 2016 See below: Our Zula reviews | Ancestor recipe | UPDATE: Tribute recipes Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide The mysterious Zula #1 is easily one of the most curious (and deliciously distinctive) cocktails on The Mai-Kai’s 56-year-old tropical drink … Continue reading