- What we learned at Appleton master blender Joy Spence’s rum tasting at The Mai-Kai
- The Hukilau 2019 rewind: Photos and video from social media
- The Hukilau 2019 latest news and updates
- Miami Rum Renaissance Festival returns to its roots after 10 years
- The Rums of The Mai-Kai: The Atomic Grog presents new class and symposium at The Hukilau 2019
- NEW: The Atomic Grog’s full list of 200+ Tiki cocktail recipes, A through Z
- The Hukilau 2019: Tiki Tower Takeover cocktail party sold out – Preview, photos and complete history
- Event spotlight: Arizona Tiki Oasis brings Polynesian Pop party to the desert
- The Hukilau 2019 update: Last party at Pier Sixty-Six? Rooms, events selling fast as new cocktail classes added
- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: guitar
Most people know him as the “King of the Surf Guitar,” and for his enduring hit song Miserlou, popularized in the soundtrack to Pulp Fiction. But there’s a lot more to Dick Dale, the seemingly indestructible rock ‘n’ roll legend … Continue reading
The summer tour featuring surf guitarist Laramie Dean and drummer Jimmy Dale made three stops in South Florida last weekend. The Southern California-based band made the cross-country trek to Dean’s former stomping grounds for two full shows plus a special … Continue reading
Updated July 25, 2013 Photos: Laramie Dean and Jimmy Dale in South Florida Laramie Dean with Jimmy Dale: Friday, July 19, at Churchill’s Pub; and Saturday, July 20, at The Mai-Kai and Mickey’s Bar. Click here for full info Previous … Continue reading
Dick Dale: performed April 25 at Grand Central in Miami with Gold Dust Lounge and Skinny Jimmy & the Stingrays. See below: Photos from the show Rock ‘n’ roll icon Dick Dale is in the midst of a career resurgence … Continue reading
Dick Dale: April 25 at Grand Central in Miami. Click here to buy tickets online. When last year’s South Florida dates of the triumphant comeback tour featuring the King of the Surf Guitar, Dick Dale, coincided with the one-year anniversary … Continue reading
Updated June 16, 2012 See below: See exclusive photos from the bash Related: Cocktail flights soar at Mai-Kai Mixer, reveal revolutionary use of rums Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide | Rums of The Mai-Kai The Mai-Kai’s Molokai bar was jumping on Saturday … Continue reading
Since its birth in the early 1960s, surf music seems to arrive in waves roughly every 15 years. And just as Florida surfers have played second fiddle to California, so have the Sunshine State’s surf bands. But it’s surely not … Continue reading
Dick Dale: April 21 at Respectable Street in West Palm Beach, April 22 at Churchill’s Pub in Miami. See below: Video, photos from both shows Concert reviews by Jim Hayward Just two years ago, it was unclear if legendary guitarist … Continue reading
Related: ‘Rum Rat Pack’ starts a revolution at Hukilau 2011 The Hukilau crowns a Rum Barrel Master Mixologist | Full Hukilau coverage 2011 Hukilau photos and video: Facebook | Flickr | Go11Media A compilation of video highlights There’s a lot … Continue reading
Dick Dale and Laramie Dean: Sunday, June 12, at The Vagabond in Miami Monday, June 13, at Respectable Street in West Palm Beach. See below: Photos from both shows Concert reviews by Jim Hayward The much-anticipated return to South Florida … Continue reading