TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
- UPDATE: Chairman’s Reserve Mai Tai Challenge: 14 Bartenders to compete at The Mai-Kai for trip to St. Lucia
- The Hukilau 2018 recap: Photos and video from social media
- Photos: The Mai-Kai updates bar menu, adds classic ‘lost’ cocktail
- UPDATE: New monorail fleet in the works? Disney World denies rumors
- The Hukilau 2018 symposiums to include Disney Imagineer, Tiki on TV
- The Hukilau 2018 tickets on sale now: More bands, more bars, more Tiki!
- The Tiki Times – December 2017 Events Calendar: Spirited holiday happenings in California and beyond
- Photos: Monstrous mayhem at the ninth annual Hulaween party at The Mai-Kai
- Spirited mash-up: Rum Renaissance Festival moves next door to The Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale, creating ultimate rum and Tiki weekend in June 2018
- The Tiki Times – November 2017 Events Calendar: Rum fests, bar tours and art shows across the globe
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum Renaissance Festival
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Jamaican rum
From the ashes of the Week in Tiki (and, later, the Month in Tiki) rises The Tiki Times. Still ambitious, but more practical, this monthly guide to what’s going on across the world of Tiki culture will hopefully be a … Continue reading
Week in Tiki (March 16-31, 2016): Lost Lake fire and more Tiki bar news, event previews, Lemon Hart rum returning?
Late March was punctuated by upheaval in the Tiki bar world, including a fire at Lost Lake in Chicago and the confirmed closing of Trader Vic’s in Portland. We also have updates on the upcoming Pacific Seas in Los Angeles … Continue reading
It’s a rum enthusiast’s dream: Seven days of nothing but tasting hundreds of rums and cocktails in sunny Miami, learning about the colorful history and culture that envelop every aspect of the industry. But the sixth annual Miami Rum Festival … Continue reading
Fueled by the first Miami Cocktail Week, mixologists upped their game at the 2014 Miami Rum Renaissance Festival in April, presenting new and classic drinks with a modern flair. From the full week of events hosted by area bars, to … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 See below: Our Hukilau review | Tribute recipes UPDATED Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide | Latest news on the annual Hukilau event Like an ugly stepchild, The Hukilau cocktail at The Mai-Kai is often shunned in favor of … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 See below: Our Black Magic review | Tribute recipes Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide The Mutiny is a worthy foe in the battle of the tropical titans Prior to the opening of The Mai-Kai in 1956, there were … Continue reading
Updated April 23, 2014 See below: Our Planters Punch review | Ancestor recipe Related: Special Planters Punch is tropical drink history in a glass | Mai-Kai cocktail guide There are two Planters Punches on the classic cocktail menu of The … Continue reading
Updated Dec. 26, 2016 See below: Our Zombie review | Ancestor recipes | NEW: Tribute recipe 3.0 Related: Zombie Horde book | Zombie facts | Beachbum Berry symposium Mai-Kai cocktail guide More recipes: Altered State Zombie | Atomic Zombie | … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 See below: Our Shark Bite review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipe Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide We continue our journey through dangerous waters this week with another of The Mai-Kai’s signature drinks, the Shark Bite. Considering that … Continue reading