- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
- Surprise winner, new spirit of aloha at fifth annual Art of Tiki cocktail competition at South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 100 Days to The Hukilau: Weekend events at The Mai-Kai to feature The Surfrajettes, preview party
- Photos: VIPs, connoisseurs of fine spirits flock to first Miami Rum Congress
- Inuhele celebrates Atlanta’s meteoric rise as Tiki destination
- Miami Rum Congress is in session: First annual event presents top industry experts
- Hukilau 2019: Tickets on sale, book your room now for June 5-9 bash in Fort Lauderdale
- Photos: Demerara rum flows at The Mai-Kai’s magical retro event featuring The Atomic Grog
- Event preview: 2019 Tiki Bingo season kicks off at The Mai-Kai
- Magical Tiki Meet-Up special event: ‘Demerara Rum – The Mai-Kai’s Secret Weapon’
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Kohala Bay
Related: ‘Mai-Kai Mixer’ shakes up South Florida with rockin’ retro cocktail party Lemon Hart returns to the promised land | Mai-Kai’s cocktail family tree Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide | Exclusive bar and kitchen tour The first “Atomic Grog Mai-Kai Mixer” on … Continue reading
UPDATE: Special event: ‘Demerara Rum – The Mai-Kai’s Secret Weapon’ The Atomic Grog was pleased to present a special happy-hour talk during The Mai-Kai Takeover event on Jan. 19, presented by the Magical Tiki Meet-Up and Retro Rekindled. Click here … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 See below: Our Mutiny review | Tribute recipes UPDATED Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide The Black Magic emerges from the shadows as a true classic Texas Tiki Podcast: Hurricane Hayward talks about Mai-Kai cocktails NEW There are many … Continue reading
Updated December 2018See below: Our Black Magic review | Tribute recipesRelated: Mai-Kai cocktail guideThe Mutiny is a worthy foe in the battle of the tropical titans Prior to the opening of The Mai-Kai in 1956, there were perhaps other icy … Continue reading
Updated Oct. 31, 2018 See below: Our Zombie review | Ancestor recipes UPDATES: New secret mix | Tribute recipe 4.0 Related: Zombie Horde book | Zombie facts | Beachbum Berry symposium Mai-Kai cocktail guide More recipes: Altered State Zombie | … Continue reading
Updated November 2016 See below: Our Oh So Deadly review | Ancestor recipe | UPDATE: Tribute recipe Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide Oh So Deadly is a deceptive name since the cocktail is actually from the mild section of The Mai-Kai’s … Continue reading
Updated July 2018 See below: Our Bora Bora review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipe 3.0 Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide What a difference and new rum and secret syrup can make. Relegated to the bottom end of our ratings and … Continue reading
Updated June 2017 See below: Our 151 Swizzle review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipes Related: Lemon Hart 151 returns | Mai-Kai cocktail guide The 16 deadly drinks in the “strong” section are no doubt the stars of The Mai-Kai’s … Continue reading