The Atomic Grog
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the histoic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Tiki Times – May 2017 Events Calendar: Tiki Caliente and lots more summer kickoff parties
- The Tiki Times – April 2017 Events Calendar: Surf and rockabilly, Miami Rum Festival, Chicago Area Tiki Tour
- The Mai-Kai is here to stay: 10 reasons why we love the historic South Florida restaurant
- The Hukilau 2017 updates: New band added, sneak peek at official mug and glassware
- The Tiki Times – March 2017 Events Calendar: Shag art shows, Tiki bars and festivals, surf rock and more
- Exclusive: The Hukilau’s Tiki Tower Takeover to feature rum ambassador Ian Burrell, international flair
- The Tiki Times – February 2017 News and Events: Bar openings and closings, cocktail competitions, Modernism Week, plus more
- New giant carved Tiki added to The Mai-Kai’s outdoor garden in time for 60th anniversary
- The Mai-Kai turns 60 with special history presentations, celebration
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of The Iconic Tiki Restaurant
There’s no doubt that The Mai-Kai restaurant has had long-lasting appeal and success. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2014 and celebrated its 60th anniversary in December, when it was honored by the Broward County … Continue reading →
The Hukilau, the East Coast’s largest and longest-running Tiki weekender, has confirmed an all-new lineup for one of its signature events during the 16th annual festivities in Fort Lauderdale in June. When the acclaimed Tiki Tower Takeover returns to the … Continue reading →
NEW: New giant carved Tiki added to outdoor garden in time for 60th anniversary Updated Dec. 24: Symposia Series sold out; get on the waiting list See below: Lost cocktails announced | Extended happy hour UPDATE: In a special 10-minute … Continue reading →
It’s that time of year again, when ghouls and ghosts haunt the historic Fort Lauderdale restaurant The Mai-Kai, scaring up frightening fun at the eighth annual Hulaween on Friday, Oct. 28. The event takes a savage turn this year with … Continue reading →
Week in Tiki (April 16-30, 2016): New Beachbum Berry glassware, ‘Sippin’ Safari’ 10-year anniversary edition; plus event and Tiki bar news, more!
Topping the news is the upcoming 10-year anniversary special edition of Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Safari, plus new glassware just released. Upcoming event news includes Tiki by the Sea, Ohana: Luau At The Lake, Tiki Kon, Southern Surf Stomp, and the … Continue reading →
Updated June 30 On sale now: The Hukilau 2016 merchandise by Shag, inspired by The Mai-Kai NEW Photos: First exclusive day-by-day recap 15-year tributes: Tiki Kiliki’s memories | Video: The first 14 years Official sites: TheHukilau.com | Facebook: Page and … Continue reading →
Some sad news out of Portland with the unexpected closing of Trader Vic’s. Meanwhile in South Florida, The Hukilau announces an exciting new symposium. Other event updates include the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival, Tiki Fest in the Pacific Northwest, Ohana: … Continue reading →
The Week in Tiki (Jan. 16-31, 2016): The Mai-Kai mugs and history book, The Art of Tiki updates, Shag events and art, plus more!
Exciting news this week for fans of The Mai-Kai with the release of new Tiki mugs and pre-orders for a long-awaited history book. News on The Art of Tiki event in South Beach includes a new rum sponsor and the … Continue reading →
Updated Tuesday, Jan. 19 After 15 years of planning the East Coast’s premiere Tiki weekender, Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White knows a thing or two about giving her guests, affectionately known as “villagers,” what they want. For the 15th anniversary of … Continue reading →
The Week in Tiki (Nov. 30-Dec. 13, 2015): The Mai-Kai anniversary party, The Hukilau updates, Jungle Cruise restaurant at Disney World, Polynesian Resort lights torches, plus more!
There’s a lot of news to report in this belated but special holiday edition of The Week in Tiki. We have details on The Mai-Kai’s 59th birthday party on Dec. 28, plus updates on The Hukilau in June. There’s a … Continue reading →