- The Tiki Times: Preview the full 2020 events calendar
- The Year in Tiki 2019: Recap all the top events with photos and video
- Sippin’ Santa comes to town: Exclusive Beachbum Berry interview, plus festive cocktail recipes
- UPDATE: The Hukilau returns to historic hotel for 19th annual Tiki weekender June 3-7, 2020
- Retro Rekindled: Skinny Jimmy Stingray to talk classic surf, perform at The Mai-Kai on Dec. 15
- Another holiday Miracle: Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa locations double, expand to Florida
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The all-time top 5 Dick Dale songs
- Gone but not forgotten: Surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale, 1937-2019
- The living dead came to party at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019 luau
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The top 5 most sinister surf songs
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Mai-Kai
Once again, The Atomic Grog documented an entire 12 months of events in 2019, following the top Tiki and rum events, plus mid-century modern, surf and rockabilly music, Disney and other happenings of interest to the Tiki community. Check below … Continue reading
Rooms at the B Ocean Resort on Fort Lauderdale Beach are filling up fast following the late December announcement that The Hukilau would be returning to the former Yankee Clipper property for its 19th annual Tiki weekender in June. Continue reading
South Florida guitarist Skinny Jimmy Stingray will be joined by The Atomic Grog’s Hurricane Hayward for a lively discussion about his winding road from punk to instrumental surf at a special Retro Rekindled monthly community gathering at The Mai-Kai in … Continue reading
After 10 years, we know what to expect from The Mai-Kai’s infamous Hulaween party: A night of kooky costumes, rockin’ tunes and many cocktails consumed in the legendary Polynesian restaurant’s Molokai bar. The 2019 bash, held Oct. 25, lived up to those standards. Continue reading
The Mai-Kai’s annual Hulaween, one of the annual highlights of South Florida’s Halloween party season, will feature a festive feast for the living and dead on Friday, Oct. 25. The 11th annual bash is titled “Luau of the Living Dead,” a theme befitting the historic Polynesian restaurant that will celebrate its 63rd anniversary at year’s end. Continue reading
What could possibly be better than an Appleton Estate rum tasting at The Mai-Kai? How about the first-ever such event at the historic Polynesian palace hosted by Joy Spence, the longtime master blender for the venerable Jamaican brand synonymous with pure premium rum. Continue reading
Updated June 20 Like the daily thunderstorms that didn’t seem to dampen anybody’s spirits, The Hukilau careened through Fort Lauderdale last week for its 18th annual Tiki weekender with an exhaustive schedule of events at the Pier Sixty-Six Hotel, B … Continue reading
When The Atomic Grog launched in late April of 2011, the second post was a Tiki cocktail recipe. Now, more than 400 posts and 200 recipes later, we’ve put all those drinks into an alphabetical list for easy access as a treat to all of you who’ve supported the blog for the past eight years. Continue reading