- The Surfrajettes, members of Los Straitjackets to headline The Hukilau 2020
- Passes and tickets for The Hukilau: 10 things you need to know
- New symposium at The Hukilau 2020: ‘How The Mai-Kai Perfected the Modern Tiki Cocktail’
- Photos: 10 highlights from The Hukilau 2019 in Fort Lauderdale
- The Tiki Times: Preview the full 2020 events calendar
- The Year in Tiki 2019: Recap all the top events with photos and video
- Sippin’ Santa comes to town: Exclusive Beachbum Berry interview, plus festive cocktail recipes
- UPDATE: The Hukilau returns to historic hotel for 19th annual Tiki weekender June 3-7, 2020
- VIDEO & PHOTOS: Skinny Jimmy Stingray talks classic surf, performs at The Mai-Kai
- Another holiday Miracle: Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa locations double, expand to Florida
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Mai Tai
Updated Aug. 16, 2014 Several of the area’s most respected cocktail bars are embracing rum this summer, giving the sometimes maligned spirit its moment in the sun and providing guests with a jolt of bold and sweet flavors to match … Continue reading
There’s nobody better suited to represent rum than the globe-trotting Ian “Rum Ambassador” Burrell, a UK native of Jamaican descent who seems to have the fun and lively spirit running through his veins. If you live anywhere on this planet, … Continue reading
Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them (Cocktail Kingdom), hardcover, 317 pages, $34.95. * Order now: Cocktail Kingdom (U.S.) | Amazon | More info on BeachbumBerry.com Jump to recipes below: Rum Pot | … Continue reading
You may have seen Martin Cate igniting flaming bowls of fun on the Cooking Channel or entertaining attendees at Tiki and rum events around the world. If you’re a cocktail or rum enthusiast, you’ve certainly heard of Smuggler’s Cove, his … Continue reading
Updated July 2018 See below: Suffering Bastard review | UPDATED: Tribute recipes NEW: The Mai-Kai updates bar menu, adds classic ‘lost’ cocktail Related: Trade in Vic’s Mai Tai for this classic | Mai-Kai cocktail guide More “lost cocktails” | Tropical … Continue reading
Updated April 2, 2013 See below: Our Island Queen review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipe Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide | More “lost cocktails” Over the course of more than 50 years, the outstanding tropical drinks at The Mai-Kai restaurant … Continue reading
Updated Sept. 9, 2019 UPDATE: What we learned at Appleton master blender Joy Spence’s rum tasting at The Mai-Kai What could possibly be better than an Appleton Estate rum tasting at The Mai-Kai? How about the first-ever such event at … Continue reading
* More photos and recaps: Facebook page | Facebook group * Press coverage: Special audio feature and story from NPR | Broward New Times photos * More coverage from The Atomic Grog * Official photos from Go11 Media Hundreds of … Continue reading
The 2012 Hukilau will be held April 19-22 at The Mai-Kai and several Fort Lauderdale beachside hotels. Official sites: TheHukilau.com | Facebook page | Facebook group Other flashbacks: 2011 contest was a Barrel of fun | 2010 party features Shag … Continue reading
Updated March 15, 2016 See below: Our Martinique Milk Punch review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipe Related: Rums of The Mai-Kai: Hamilton rums from Guyana fill the Lemon Hart gap Mai-Kai cocktail guide Don’t let the name “Martinique Milk … Continue reading