The Atomic Grog
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Tiki Times – October 2017 Events Calendar: Historic art show in L.A., world’s biggest rumfest in London, Circa Caliente in Palm Springs, Halloween happenings
- The Tiki Times – September 2017 Events Calendar: Texas goes Tiki, Deep South surf rock, rum fests from coast to coast
- The Tiki Times – 2017 Events Calendar: August means Tiki Oasis, surf guitar and hot summer events
- The Tiki Times – July 2017 Events Calendar: Tales of the Cocktail takes over
- The Hukilau 2017 updates: Daily recaps, news, photos and video
- The Tiki Times – June 2017 Events Calendar: Summer season heats up with The Hukilau, Ohana: Luau At The Lake, Tiki Kon and more!
- Exploring 60 years of Tiki cocktail history through the menus of The Mai-Kai
- The Tiki Times – May 2017 Events Calendar: Tiki Caliente and lots more summer kickoff parties
- The Tiki Times – April 2017 Events Calendar: Surf and rockabilly, Miami Rum Festival, Chicago Area Tiki Tour
- The Mai-Kai is here to stay: 10 reasons why we love the historic South Florida restaurant
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Miami Rum Renaissance Festival
The Tiki Times – April 2017 Events Calendar: Surf and rockabilly, Miami Rum Festival, Chicago Area Tiki Tour
From the ashes of the Week in Tiki (and, later, the Month in Tiki) rises The Tiki Times. Still ambitious, but more practical, this monthly guide to what’s going on across the world of Tiki culture will hopefully be a … Continue reading
Week/Month in Tiki (May 1-31, 2016): Recap Tiki Caliente; preview Tiki Kon, Tales of the Cocktail and Tiki Oasis; plus Tiki bar news and more!
As usual, May kicked off the Tiki event season with Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs. Check out a recap and photos, plus previews of Tiki Kon in Portland, Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans, Tiki Oasis in San Diego, … Continue reading
Week in Tiki (April 1-15, 2016): The Hukilau, Tiki Caliente and more upcoming events; Miami fest’s award-winning rums; Tiki bar openings and closings, and more!
Get the latest updates on The Hukilau in June and the fast-approaching Tiki Caliente in May. Other event previews include Vintage Tiki Weekend in Wildwood, a Shag art release at Disneyland, and Dick Dale’s latest tour. We take a look … Continue reading
Week in Tiki (March 16-31, 2016): Lost Lake fire and more Tiki bar news, event previews, Lemon Hart rum returning?
Late March was punctuated by upheaval in the Tiki bar world, including a fire at Lost Lake in Chicago and the confirmed closing of Trader Vic’s in Portland. We also have updates on the upcoming Pacific Seas in Los Angeles … Continue reading
UPDATE: RumXP Awards announced at eighth annual Miami Rum Renaissance Festival The Miami Rum Renaissance Festival returned for an eighth year on Friday, April 15, through Sunday, April 17, at the Doubletree by Hilton Miami Airport Convention Center. Go to … Continue reading
Updated May 9 A full recap of the eighth annual Miami Rum Renaissance Festival is coming soon. In the meantime, here are the winners of the annual RumXP Awards announced on Friday, April 15. Also check out our photo gallery … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Feb. 16-29, 2016): Rum and Tiki event roundup, new Tiki bars in D.C., S.F., photos and event recaps
We have lots of news from February on upcoming spring and summer events: Miami Rum Renaissance Festival, Tiki Caliente, Tiki Kon, and Hot Rod Hula Hop. Tiki bars continue to open across the country – from Washington, D.C., (Archipelago) to … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Jan. 1-15, 2016): New Tikis to rise at The Mai-Kai, Lost Lake honored, Smuggler’s Cove book release, Tiki in South Beach, plus more!
The new year is off to a roaring start with comprehensive coverage of the carving and planned installation of two giant Tikis at The Mai-Kai during The Hukilau. Chicago’s Lost Lake was named Cocktail Bar of the Year, while Martin … Continue reading