The Atomic Grog
Check the AtomicGrog.com homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the histoic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Mai-Kai’s eighth annual Hulaween party is cursed by cannibals
- Recipes: Exotic cocktails at Altered State Tattoo’s 20th anniversary party
- Kapow! replacing Longboards in downtown West Palm Beach
- Week/Month in Tiki (May 1-31, 2016): Recap Tiki Caliente; preview Tiki Kon, Tales of the Cocktail and Tiki Oasis; plus Tiki bar news and more!
- On sale now: The Hukilau 2016 merchandise by Shag, inspired by The Mai-Kai
- The Hukilau 2016, Day 1 photo recap: Pre-Party at The Mai-Kai, The Wreck Bar mermaid show
- ‘King Kai’ leads procession of new Tikis into The Mai-Kai
- Tiki Kiliki: 15 years of The Hukilau, 15 years of memories
- Video: A look back at The Hukilau’s first 14 years
- Week in Tiki (April 16-30, 2016): New Beachbum Berry glassware, ‘Sippin’ Safari’ 10-year anniversary edition; plus event and Tiki bar news, more!
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Mutiny
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is extremely passionate about Tiki, tropical drinks and The Mai-Kai. In April, we caught up with the author of such essential Tiki cocktail bibles as Grog Log and Sippin’ Safari in his natural habitat (The Mai-Kai gardens) … Continue reading
On the first day of Christmas The Mai-Kai gave to me a Derby Daiquiri On the second day of Christmas, The Mai-Kai gave to me, Two Shrunken Skulls, And a Derby Daiquiri. On the third day of Christmas, The Mai-Kai … Continue reading
Updated May 8, 2012 See below: Our Mutiny review | Tribute recipe | Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide The Black Magic emerges from the shadows as a true classic There are many great cocktail debates, most notably the Martini (gin or … Continue reading