The Atomic Grog
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the histoic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Mai-Kai turns 60 with special history presentations, celebration
- Halloween treat: The Hukilau 2017 tickets go on sale!
- Photos: A hauntingly good time at historic Mai-Kai’s 8th annual Hulaween party
- The Mai-Kai’s eighth annual Hulaween party is cursed by cannibals
- Recipes: Exotic cocktails at Altered State Tattoo’s 20th anniversary party
- Kapow! replacing Longboards in downtown West Palm Beach
- Week/Month in Tiki (May 1-31, 2016): Recap Tiki Caliente; preview Tiki Kon, Tales of the Cocktail and Tiki Oasis; plus Tiki bar news and more!
- Still available: The Hukilau 2016 merchandise by Shag, inspired by The Mai-Kai
- The Hukilau 2016, Day 1 photo recap: Pre-Party at The Mai-Kai, The Wreck Bar mermaid show
- ‘King Kai’ leads procession of new Tikis into The Mai-Kai
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Mutiny
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is extremely passionate about Tiki, tropical drinks and The Mai-Kai. In April, we caught up with the author of such essential Tiki cocktail bibles as Grog Log and Sippin’ Safari in his natural habitat (The Mai-Kai gardens) … Continue reading
On the first day of Christmas The Mai-Kai gave to me a Derby Daiquiri On the second day of Christmas, The Mai-Kai gave to me, Two Shrunken Skulls, And a Derby Daiquiri. On the third day of Christmas, The Mai-Kai … Continue reading
Updated May 8, 2012 See below: Our Mutiny review | Tribute recipe | Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide The Black Magic emerges from the shadows as a true classic There are many great cocktail debates, most notably the Martini (gin or … Continue reading