- Retro Rekindled: Skinny Jimmy Stingray to talk classic surf, perform at The Mai-Kai on Dec. 15
- Another holiday Miracle: Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa locations double, expand to Florida
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The all-time top 5 Dick Dale songs
- Gone but not forgotten: Surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale, 1937-2019
- The living dead came to party at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019 luau
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The top 5 most sinister surf songs
- Tiki zombies will feast at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019: Luau of the Living Dead
- What we learned at Appleton master blender Joy Spence’s rum tasting at The Mai-Kai
- The Hukilau 2019 rewind: Photos and video from social media
- The Hukilau 2019 latest news and updates
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Plastic Paradise
The Week in Tiki (June 29-July 12, 2015): Tiki Kon and Tales of Cocktail event previews, Tiki Diablo invades Home Depot
July’s event schedule features two of the most distinctive gatherings of the year, Tiki Kon in the Pacific Northwest and Tales of Cocktail in New Orleans. We have previews of both, plus news on acclaimed artist Tiki Diablo’s new merchandise … Continue reading
After coming precariously close to saying aloha and goodbye to The Hukilau, the long-running Tiki event she has organized since 2002, Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White is sure glad things turned out differently. “For me, it was the best event in … Continue reading
Updated June 13 In Hawaii, aloha can mean both hello and goodbye. For the annual Polynesian Pop gathering that returns to Fort Lauderdale in less than two weeks for its 13th annual celebration, both definitions are particularly apropos. The Hukilau: … Continue reading
Updated Jan. 20, 2014 NEW: The new cocktail menu made its public debut on Jan. 17. Check out our review and recipe for the new drink, the Tiki Swizzle. ********** The Mai-Kai celebrated its 57th anniversary with a customer celebration … Continue reading
The Hukilau was held June 6-9, 2013, at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel (aka the Yankee Clipper) and The Mai-Kai restaurant. See below: Gallery of 40 photos More than 800 devotees of Polynesian Pop culture and classic mid-century style … Continue reading
Related posts: 2012 Hukilau tickets on sale | Full Hukilau coverage Artists shine at Walt Disney World’s 40th birthday party | More on Kevin Kidney The creators of a new documentary on the rise, fall and resurgence of Tiki culture … Continue reading