The Atomic Grog
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Tiki Times – 2017 Events Calendar: August means Tiki Oasis, surf guitar and hot summer events
- The Tiki Times – July 2017 Events Calendar: Tales of the Cocktail takes over
- The Hukilau 2017 updates: Daily recaps, news, photos and video
- The Tiki Times – June 2017 Events Calendar: Summer season heats up with The Hukilau, Ohana: Luau At The Lake, Tiki Kon and more!
- Exploring 60 years of Tiki cocktail history through the menus of The Mai-Kai
- The Tiki Times – May 2017 Events Calendar: Tiki Caliente and lots more summer kickoff parties
- The Tiki Times – April 2017 Events Calendar: Surf and rockabilly, Miami Rum Festival, Chicago Area Tiki Tour
- The Mai-Kai is here to stay: 10 reasons why we love the historic South Florida restaurant
- The Hukilau 2017: Updated schedule, drawing and silent auction announced with exclusive prizes
- The Tiki Times – March 2017 Events Calendar: Shag art shows, Tiki bars and festivals, surf rock and more
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Polynesian Resort
Week in Tiki (March 16-31, 2016): Lost Lake fire and more Tiki bar news, event previews, Lemon Hart rum returning?
Late March was punctuated by upheaval in the Tiki bar world, including a fire at Lost Lake in Chicago and the confirmed closing of Trader Vic’s in Portland. We also have updates on the upcoming Pacific Seas in Los Angeles … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Feb. 1-15, 2016): Aloha to 5 new Tiki bars across the U.S., Shag at Modernism Week, Plantation Pineapple rum, plus more!
Catching up on news from the first half of February, we have reports on the debut of Tiki-themed bars in Texas, Maine, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Miami Beach, plus a recap and photos from two of Shag’s parties at Modernism Week … Continue reading
The Year in Tiki 2015: Legends lost, but revival becomes renaissance with new bars, music, art and more
It was a year of both sadness and elation, when some legends were lost but the world of Tiki made great strides. As we mourned the deaths in 2015 of musicians Robert Drasnin and Ernie Menehune, plus artist The Pizz, … Continue reading
Polynesian Pop enthusiasts from around the world will gather Wednesday through Sunday (June 10-14) in Fort Lauderdale for The Hukilau, the East Coast’s largest and longest-running celebration of all things Tiki. The event reaches new heights in its 14th year … Continue reading
The arrival of new signature Tiki mugs marks the official opening of Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort this week. Also in the news is a seminar at Trader Vic’s in Atlanta, the new Tiki Magazine, the … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (April 6-12, 2015): Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows open, Miami Rum Festival coming up
This week’s top news is the grand opening of Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, plus the latest on Miami Rum Renaissance Festival and Cocktail Week. Also noted are The Hukilau’s 2015 mug, and the death of Polynesian performer Ernie Menehune. … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (March 30, 2015): Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto soft opening, Miami Cocktail Week schedule
This week’s big news is the opening of Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. There are also updates on Miami Cocktail Week, Tales of the Cocktail tickets, and a new mug from Kevin Kidney. Plus: Montreal loses … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (March 23, 2015): Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto about to open, new Polynesian Village Resort merchandise
The latest news from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort includes the pending opening of Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, plus DVC and construction updates plus new resort merchandise. There’s also news on a possible Jungle Cruise restaurant coming to the Magic Kingdom, … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (March 16, 2015): Miller to remain in Big Apple; Tiki weekenders sell out in Chicago, N.J.
This week’s top story is the sellout of two upcoming events: the Chicago Area Tiki Tour, and the Vintage Tiki Weekend in Wildwood, N.J. Also, tickets for Tiki Kon in the Pacific Northwest are selling fast. We have news on … Continue reading