- The Tiki Times: Preview the full 2020 events calendar
- The Year in Tiki 2019: Recap all the top events with photos and video
- Sippin’ Santa comes to town: Exclusive Beachbum Berry interview, plus festive cocktail recipes
- UPDATE: The Hukilau returns to historic hotel for 19th annual Tiki weekender June 3-7, 2020
- Retro Rekindled: Skinny Jimmy Stingray to talk classic surf, perform at The Mai-Kai on Dec. 15
- Another holiday Miracle: Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa locations double, expand to Florida
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The all-time top 5 Dick Dale songs
- Gone but not forgotten: Surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale, 1937-2019
- The living dead came to party at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019 luau
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The top 5 most sinister surf songs
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Robert Drasnin
In honor of the 15th anniversary of The Hukilau, we asked Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White to share her remembrances from her 15 years as co-founder, co-producer and organizer. Starting in 2002 in Atlanta and moving to Fort Lauderdale the next … Continue reading
Marking its 15th anniversary, the East Coast’s largest and oldest Polynesian Pop event promises its biggest party ever in 2016. But before the rum-fueled bash gets into high gear, we’d like to pause and take a look back at the … Continue reading
The Year in Tiki 2015: Legends lost, but revival becomes renaissance with new bars, music, art and more
It was a year of both sadness and elation, when some legends were lost but the world of Tiki made great strides. As we mourned the deaths in 2015 of musicians Robert Drasnin and Ernie Menehune, plus artist The Pizz, … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Aug. 10-23, 2015): Tiki Oasis soars to new heights, plus D23 thrills Disney fans, The Hukilau 2016, more summer news and events
August was a cavalcade of Tiki news and events, with thousands gathering in California for Tiki Oasis in San Diego. Meanwhile, Disney fans flocked to Anaheim for the D23 Expo. We also have recaps of the Tahitian Terrace Diamond Luau … Continue reading
Sad news this week with the passing of Robert Drasnin, the exotica pioneer who composed the seminal Voodoo album. Other news includes special cocktail flights at The Mai-Kai, Tiki Kon’s Iron Tikitender competition, and Angry Birds fly the coop to … Continue reading