The Atomic Grog
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the histoic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Mai-Kai is here to stay: 10 reasons why we love the historic South Florida restaurant
- The Hukilau 2017 updates: Symposiums on sale, pop-up bars announced, plus more!
- The Tiki Times – March 2017 Events Calendar: Shag art shows, Tiki bars and festivals, surf rock and more
- Exclusive: The Hukilau’s Tiki Tower Takeover to feature rum ambassador Ian Burrell, international flair
- The Hukilau 2016 Day 2 photo recap: Savage Jungle Swimshow, Tiki Tower Takeover, Kickoff Party and Tiki Treasures Bazaar, Shag’s SkyLounge, After Party at Kreepy Tiki
- The Tiki Times – February 2017 News and Events: Bar openings and closings, cocktail competitions, Modernism Week, plus more
- New giant carved Tiki added to The Mai-Kai’s outdoor garden in time for 60th anniversary
- The Mai-Kai turns 60 with special history presentations, celebration
- Update: The Hukilau tickets go on sale, co-founder Tiki Kiliki steps down
- Photos: A hauntingly good time at historic Mai-Kai’s 8th annual Hulaween party
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Shag the Store
The Tiki Times – March 2017 Events Calendar: Shag art shows, Tiki bars and festivals, surf rock and more
From the ashes of the Week in Tiki (and, later, the Month in Tiki) rises The Tiki Times. Still ambitious, but more practical, this monthly guide to what’s going on across the world of Tiki culture will hopefully be a … Continue reading
The Tiki Times – February 2017 News and Events: Bar openings and closings, cocktail competitions, Modernism Week, plus more
Updated March 8 NEW: After each month, look for a summary of all the top Tiki news, plus updates on bar openings and closings, the world of rum, plus more! Jump below: Tiki news | Bar news | Rum news … Continue reading
Week in Tiki (April 1-15, 2016): The Hukilau, Tiki Caliente and more upcoming events; Miami fest’s award-winning rums; Tiki bar openings and closings, and more!
Get the latest updates on The Hukilau in June and the fast-approaching Tiki Caliente in May. Other event previews include Vintage Tiki Weekend in Wildwood, a Shag art release at Disneyland, and Dick Dale’s latest tour. We take a look … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Feb. 1-15, 2016): Aloha to 5 new Tiki bars across the U.S., Shag at Modernism Week, Plantation Pineapple rum, plus more!
Catching up on news from the first half of February, we have reports on the debut of Tiki-themed bars in Texas, Maine, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Miami Beach, plus a recap and photos from two of Shag’s parties at Modernism Week … Continue reading
The Year in Tiki 2015: Legends lost, but revival becomes renaissance with new bars, music, art and more
It was a year of both sadness and elation, when some legends were lost but the world of Tiki made great strides. As we mourned the deaths in 2015 of musicians Robert Drasnin and Ernie Menehune, plus artist The Pizz, … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2015): The Hukilau and Wreck Bar news, Halloween recaps, NYC cocktail champ, vintage hotel demolished, and more
The Hukilau tops this week’s news with updated info on event passes, Tiki Tower Takeover bartenders, and Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid’s swim shows. October was jam-packed with Halloween events, plus a Tiki cocktail showdown in New York City. There’s … Continue reading