The Atomic Grog
Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
Social media updates
- The Tiki Times – 2017 Events Calendar: August means Tiki Oasis, surf guitar and hot summer events
- The Tiki Times – July 2017 Events Calendar: Tales of the Cocktail takes over
- The Hukilau 2017 updates: Daily recaps, news, photos and video
- The Tiki Times – June 2017 Events Calendar: Summer season heats up with The Hukilau, Ohana: Luau At The Lake, Tiki Kon and more!
- Exploring 60 years of Tiki cocktail history through the menus of The Mai-Kai
- The Tiki Times – May 2017 Events Calendar: Tiki Caliente and lots more summer kickoff parties
- The Tiki Times – April 2017 Events Calendar: Surf and rockabilly, Miami Rum Festival, Chicago Area Tiki Tour
- The Mai-Kai is here to stay: 10 reasons why we love the historic South Florida restaurant
- The Hukilau 2017: Updated schedule, drawing and silent auction announced with exclusive prizes
- The Tiki Times – March 2017 Events Calendar: Shag art shows, Tiki bars and festivals, surf rock and more
- Disney World
- Miami Rum Festival
- Photo galleries
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Tales of the Cocktail
From the ashes of the Week in Tiki (and, later, the Month in Tiki) rises The Tiki Times. Still ambitious, but more practical, this monthly guide to what’s going on across the world of Tiki culture will hopefully be a … Continue reading
Week/Month in Tiki (May 1-31, 2016): Recap Tiki Caliente; preview Tiki Kon, Tales of the Cocktail and Tiki Oasis; plus Tiki bar news and more!
As usual, May kicked off the Tiki event season with Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs. Check out a recap and photos, plus previews of Tiki Kon in Portland, Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans, Tiki Oasis in San Diego, … Continue reading
The Year in Tiki 2015: Legends lost, but revival becomes renaissance with new bars, music, art and more
It was a year of both sadness and elation, when some legends were lost but the world of Tiki made great strides. As we mourned the deaths in 2015 of musicians Robert Drasnin and Ernie Menehune, plus artist The Pizz, … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (Nov. 2-15, 2015): The Hukilau and Miami Rum Fest tickets, Makahiki arrives, Wayne Coombs tribute, Tiki bars, galleries and more!
Florida tops the latest news with updates on passes and tickets for The Hukilau and Miami Rum Fest, a preview of Makahiki in Orlando, and a special tribute to the late artist Wayne Coombs. In Atlanta, artist Derek Yaniger will … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (July 13-26, 2015): Your guide to all the sizzling summer events, from Hot Rod Hula Hop to Tiki Oasis
There’s no such thing as summer doldrums in the world of Tiki with plenty of major events spanning coast to coast this summer. We take a look back at July’s Tiki Kon and Tales of the Cocktail and preview August’s … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (June 29-July 12, 2015): Tiki Kon and Tales of Cocktail event previews, Tiki Diablo invades Home Depot
July’s event schedule features two of the most distinctive gatherings of the year, Tiki Kon in the Pacific Northwest and Tales of Cocktail in New Orleans. We have previews of both, plus news on acclaimed artist Tiki Diablo’s new merchandise … Continue reading
The Week in Tiki (June 15-28, 2015): Summer events in full swing with The Hukilau, Ohana: Luau At The Lake, more
The year’s two major East Coast events, The Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale and Ohana: Luau At The Lake in upstate New York, dominate June’s news. We also have an update on the ill-fated Rapa Nui Reef in Deerfield Beach, plus … Continue reading
Tales of the Cocktail’s signature drink packs a wallop, but can it tame a Hurricane inspired by The Mai-Kai?
Nobody can accuse the organizers of Tales of the Cocktail, arguably the world’s premiere festival for bartenders and spirits professionals, of being elitist snobs. The “official cocktail” of 12th annual festival, expected to attract more than 20,000 people to New … Continue reading
Updated September 2015 See below: Our Piña Colada review | Ancestor/tribute recipe Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide For better or worse (typically worse), the Piña Colada has been ubiquitous on tropical drink menus for more than half a century. Not surprisingly, … Continue reading