- Gone but not forgotten: Surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale, 1937-2019
- The living dead came to party at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019 luau
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The top 5 most sinister surf songs
- Tiki zombies will feast at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019: Luau of the Living Dead
- What we learned at Appleton master blender Joy Spence’s rum tasting at The Mai-Kai
- The Hukilau 2019 rewind: Photos and video from social media
- The Hukilau 2019 latest news and updates
- Miami Rum Renaissance Festival returns to its roots after 10 years
- The Rums of The Mai-Kai: The Atomic Grog presents new class and symposium at The Hukilau 2019
- The Atomic Grog’s full list of 200+ Tiki cocktail recipes, A through Z
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Tiki
When Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White said she had big plans for the revived and reinvigorated Polynesian Pop event she has organized since 2002, she wasn’t kidding. When The Hukilau returns to Fort Lauderdale for its 14th annual Tiki weekender in … Continue reading
Ghoulish, whimsical and Tiki-inspired costumes filled The Molokai bar on Halloween night during The Mai-Kai’s annual bash that celebrates all things creepy and kooky, aka Hulaween. See below: Browse photos from the event Popular South Florida rockabilly band Slip and … Continue reading
Pop culture phenomenons are routinely shunned by historians and academics. This is especially true in the case of 20th century Tiki culture, which has been typically dismissed as being kitschy and unauthentic to the native civilizations that inspired it. Of … Continue reading
After coming precariously close to saying aloha and goodbye to The Hukilau, the long-running Tiki event she has organized since 2002, Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White is sure glad things turned out differently. “For me, it was the best event in … Continue reading
MODERN RETRO DISNEY WORLD This is the first in a series that will spotlight The Atomic Grog’s picks of the top “modern retro” features at the world’s top tourist mecca. Disney World is a vast ocean of fun and frolic … Continue reading