- Event preview: 2019 Tiki Bingo season kicks off at The Mai-Kai
- Magical Tiki Meet-Up special event: ‘Demerara Rum – The Mai-Kai’s Secret Weapon’
- The Hukilau 2019 updates: Hotel room parties are back, The Surfrajettes return to The Mai Kai, plus more
- Event spotlight: SoCal’s Original Tiki Market Place celebrates seventh anniversary
- Iron TikiTender goes on tour: Deadline looms for Atlanta regional competition
- Epcot’s Native American art exhibit includes Hawaiian and Polynesian artifacts
- They’re back: Flaming Tiki swizzle sticks from Grider Adventure Art
- Cocktail recipe: Secret Santa Flip is festive fun any time of year
- A cure for your holiday hangover: All the Miracle pop-up cocktails, reviewed and ranked
- Event preview: The Hukilau 2018 in Fort Lauderdale, June 5-9
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum Renaissance Festival
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: History
In honor of the 15th anniversary of The Hukilau, we asked Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White to share her remembrances from her 15 years as co-founder, co-producer and organizer. Starting in 2002 in Atlanta and moving to Fort Lauderdale the next … Continue reading
Marking its 15th anniversary, the East Coast’s largest and oldest Polynesian Pop event promises its biggest party ever in 2016. But before the rum-fueled bash gets into high gear, we’d like to pause and take a look back at the … Continue reading
In honor of The Hukilau’s 15th year and the 60th anniversary of The Mai-Kai, event co-founder/organizer Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White has assembled some of the top names in the Tiki revival for special events and symposiums that promise to educate … Continue reading
After coming precariously close to saying aloha and goodbye to The Hukilau, the long-running Tiki event she has organized since 2002, Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White is sure glad things turned out differently. “For me, it was the best event in … Continue reading
Updated June 21, 2014 The 13th edition of The Hukilau, the East Coast’s largest annual event dedicated to mid-century and Polynesian Pop culture, rolled into Fort Lauderdale last week for five days of “the most authentic Tiki event in the … Continue reading
The Hukilau, the East Coast’s flagship event celebrating mid-century Polynesian Pop culture, delighted its Facebook fans with an announcement Friday that this year’s event will not be its last after all. The Hukilau: June 11-15, 2014, at the Bahia Mar … Continue reading
Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them (Cocktail Kingdom), hardcover, 317 pages, $34.95. * Order now: Cocktail Kingdom (U.S.) | Amazon | More info on BeachbumBerry.com Jump to recipes below: Rum Pot | … Continue reading
UPDATES: The Hukilau announces return for 14th year in 2015 (April 2014) See all of The Atomic Grog’s coverage The Hukilau: June 11-15, 2014, at the Bahia Mar Beach Resort and The Mai-Kai restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. Latest updates: TheHukilau.com … Continue reading
The Hukilau, the annual Polynesian Pop festival that invades Fort Lauderdale every June, is known for its authentic and eye-catching event merchandise, particularly the mugs and glassware. But when the event is over, that doesn’t mean you can’t pick up … Continue reading