- Miami Rum Renaissance Festival returns to its roots after 10 years
- The Rums of The Mai-Kai: The Atomic Grog presents new class and symposium at The Hukilau 2019
- NEW: The Atomic Grog’s full list of 200+ Tiki cocktail recipes, A through Z
- The Hukilau 2019: Tiki Tower Takeover cocktail party sold out – Preview, photos and complete history
- Event spotlight: Arizona Tiki Oasis brings Polynesian Pop party to the desert
- The Hukilau 2019 update: Last party at Pier Sixty-Six? Rooms, events selling fast as new cocktail classes added
- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
- Surprise winner, new spirit of aloha at fifth annual Art of Tiki cocktail competition at South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 100 Days to The Hukilau: Weekend events at The Mai-Kai to feature The Surfrajettes, preview party
- Photos: VIPs, connoisseurs of fine spirits flock to first Miami Rum Congress
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: History
The Hukilau 2019: Tiki Tower Takeover cocktail party sold out – Preview, photos and complete history
For the fifth year in a row, the signature event at The Hukilau has sold out months in advance. The Tiki Tower Takeover, held every June in the 17th floor rooftop ballroom at Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale, will have added significance in 2019. Continue reading
In honor of the 15th anniversary of The Hukilau, we asked Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White to share her remembrances from her 15 years as co-founder, co-producer and organizer. Starting in 2002 in Atlanta and moving to Fort Lauderdale the next … Continue reading
Marking its 15th anniversary, the East Coast’s largest and oldest Polynesian Pop event promises its biggest party ever in 2016. But before the rum-fueled bash gets into high gear, we’d like to pause and take a look back at the … Continue reading
In honor of The Hukilau’s 15th year and the 60th anniversary of The Mai-Kai, event co-founder/organizer Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White has assembled some of the top names in the Tiki revival for special events and symposiums that promise to educate … Continue reading
After coming precariously close to saying aloha and goodbye to The Hukilau, the long-running Tiki event she has organized since 2002, Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White is sure glad things turned out differently. “For me, it was the best event in … Continue reading
Updated June 21, 2014 The 13th edition of The Hukilau, the East Coast’s largest annual event dedicated to mid-century and Polynesian Pop culture, rolled into Fort Lauderdale last week for five days of “the most authentic Tiki event in the … Continue reading
The Hukilau, the East Coast’s flagship event celebrating mid-century Polynesian Pop culture, delighted its Facebook fans with an announcement Friday that this year’s event will not be its last after all. The Hukilau: June 11-15, 2014, at the Bahia Mar … Continue reading
Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them (Cocktail Kingdom), hardcover, 317 pages, $34.95. * Order now: Cocktail Kingdom (U.S.) | Amazon | More info on BeachbumBerry.com Jump to recipes below: Rum Pot | … Continue reading