- Miami Rum Renaissance Festival returns to its roots after 10 years
- The Rums of The Mai-Kai: The Atomic Grog presents new class and symposium at The Hukilau 2019
- NEW: The Atomic Grog’s full list of 200+ Tiki cocktail recipes, A through Z
- The Hukilau 2019: Tiki Tower Takeover cocktail party sold out – Preview, photos and complete history
- Event spotlight: Arizona Tiki Oasis brings Polynesian Pop party to the desert
- The Hukilau 2019 update: Last party at Pier Sixty-Six? Rooms, events selling fast as new cocktail classes added
- New cocktail books, magazine prove Tiki underground is alive and thriving
- Surprise winner, new spirit of aloha at fifth annual Art of Tiki cocktail competition at South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- 100 Days to The Hukilau: Weekend events at The Mai-Kai to feature The Surfrajettes, preview party
- Photos: VIPs, connoisseurs of fine spirits flock to first Miami Rum Congress
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social media
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Category Archives: 2012
We got a sneak peek at The Hukilau in April 2012, then an exclusive premiere at The Mai-Kai during the 2013 edition of the Tiki event in Fort Lauderdale. Now, the rest of the world will be exposed to Plastic … Continue reading
November 2013 update: Zombies regaining critical mass: New e-book features 86 deadly recipes The living dead are enjoying an unprecedented renaissance. From the excellent AMC miniseries The Walking Dead (based on the Robert Kirkman comic book series), to a never-ending … Continue reading
There are few drinking vessels with the mystique of The Mai-Kai’s famous Mystery Bowl. The iconic communal cocktail popularized at the Fort Lauderdale Polynesian palace has been celebrated for a half-century by everyone from Johnny Carson to today’s Tiki revivalists. … Continue reading
The annual gathering of Tikiphiles in Fort Lauderdale is still more than 10 months away, but organizers of The Hukilau event know that some of us are always seeking out cool new mugs and glasses. This summer, they’ve re-released a … Continue reading
* More photos and recaps: Facebook page | Facebook group * Press coverage: Special audio feature and story from NPR | Broward New Times photos * More coverage from The Atomic Grog * Official photos from Go11 Media Hundreds of … Continue reading
The 2012 Hukilau will be held Thursday through Sunday, April 19-22, at The Mai-Kai and several Fort Lauderdale beachside hotels. Official sites: TheHukilau.com | Facebook To the uninitiated, this week’s avalanche of Tiki culture, retro art and music, rum drinks … Continue reading
The 2012 Hukilau will be held Thursday through Sunday, April 19-22, at The Mai-Kai and several Fort Lauderdale beachside hotels. Official sites: TheHukilau.com Facebook page | Facebook group | The Mai-Kai With Hukilau 2012 fast approaching, we have a couple … Continue reading
Previous: Hukilau announces mug, cocktails, new rum sponsor | Full Hukilau coverage In the latter years of the 20th century, there were two eras: B.B.B. and A.B.B. Before Beachbum Berry, it was the dark days, when tropical drink mixology was … Continue reading
Previous: Heeeeeeere’s the rich history and lost stories of The Mai-Kai Artist profile: The Martian Denny Orchestra | Sven Kirsten added to 2012 lineup Hukilau launches new website with full event details | Full Hukilau coverage Official sites: TheHukilau.com | … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 Latest news, related features * The Mai-Kai updates bar menu, adds classic ‘lost’ cocktail * Rums of The Mai-Kai include potent, funky flavors from Guyana and Jamaica * The Mai-Kai: 10 reasons why we love the historic … Continue reading