- Photos: 10 highlights from The Hukilau 2019 in Fort Lauderdale
- The Tiki Times: Preview the full 2020 events calendar
- The Year in Tiki 2019: Recap all the top events with photos and video
- Sippin’ Santa comes to town: Exclusive Beachbum Berry interview, plus festive cocktail recipes
- UPDATE: The Hukilau returns to historic hotel for 19th annual Tiki weekender June 3-7, 2020
- Retro Rekindled: Skinny Jimmy Stingray to talk classic surf, perform at The Mai-Kai on Dec. 15
- Another holiday Miracle: Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Santa locations double, expand to Florida
- Skinny Jimmy’s Picks: The all-time top 5 Dick Dale songs
- Gone but not forgotten: Surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale, 1937-2019
- The living dead came to party at The Mai-Kai’s Hulaween 2019 luau
TheAtomicGrog.comCheck the homepage for our favorite features, plus the latest news, reviews, cocktail recipes and more.
More social mediaFacebook: Friends of The Mai-Kai
Pinterest: See our photo archive
- My Tweets
Your Tiki bar’s best friendWhat are you drinking tonight?
The Grogalizer is your key to unlocking the power of the most popular tropical drink recipes.
Sign up now.
Available now!Mai-Kai: History and Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant
The definitive book on the historic Fort Lauderdale Tiki temple has been released. Get your copy now.
- Disney World
- Photo galleries
- Rum festivals
- Take 5
- The Tiki Times
- The Week in Tiki
Tag Archives: Cinnamon syrup
The Atomic Grog had the distinct pleasure of serving up cocktails on Aug. 27 for special guests of artist Mike “Pooch” Pucciarelli at the 20th anniversary party for Altered State Tattoo, the South Florida shop that has gained him a … Continue reading
November 2016 update Lots of leftover merchandise – including mugs, glasses, pendants, and swizzle sticks – will go on sale in January when the The Hukilau’s new website launches. Co-creator, co-founder, producer and organizer Christie “Tiki Kiliki” White posted photos … Continue reading
UPDATES: Disney rushes to finish Polynesian renovations, Trader Sam’s (March 2015) Fans of the much-anticipated Tiki bar coming soon to the Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World were treated to a sneak preview during the inaugural Mahaloween Luau at … Continue reading
Related: ‘Mai-Kai Mixer’ shakes up South Florida with rockin’ retro cocktail party Lemon Hart returns to the promised land | Mai-Kai’s cocktail family tree Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide | Exclusive bar and kitchen tour The first “Atomic Grog Mai-Kai Mixer” on … Continue reading
Updated November 2016 See below: Our Oh So Deadly review | Ancestor recipe | UPDATE: Tribute recipe Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide Oh So Deadly is a deceptive name since the cocktail is actually from the mild section of The Mai-Kai’s … Continue reading
Updated July 2018 See below: Our Bora Bora review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipe 3.0 Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide What a difference and new rum and secret syrup can make. Relegated to the bottom end of our ratings and … Continue reading
Updated August 2018 See below: Our Shark Bite review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipe Related: Mai-Kai cocktail guide We continue our journey through dangerous waters this week with another of The Mai-Kai’s signature drinks, the Shark Bite. Considering that … Continue reading
Updated May 2019 See below: Our 151 Swizzle review | Ancestor recipe | Tribute recipes Related: Lemon Hart 151 returns | Mai-Kai cocktail guide The 16 deadly drinks in the “strong” section are no doubt the stars of The Mai-Kai’s … Continue reading